Home page

Wildlife Sciences and Management


Wildlife sciences and management programs teach people to manage and conserve habitats and ecosystems for animals.

Wildlife sciences and management programs include topics such as:


Community colleges and other two-year schools offer associate degree programs in wildlife sciences and management. An associate degree usually takes two years to complete. After earning an associate degree students can transfer to a college or university for further study.

Many colleges and universities offer bachelor's degrees in wildlife sciences and management. Wildlife sciences and management programs may be found in a number of different departments. These include wildlife and fisheries, conservation biology, environmental biology, or ecology. A bachelor's degree usually takes about four years of full-time study.

Many universities offer graduate degrees in wildlife sciences and management. A master's degree typically requires two years of study beyond a bachelor's degree. Doctoral (PhD) degree programs usually require two or more years of study beyond the master's degree.

See schools that offer this program.

Related Educational Programs

Related Careers

Careers Directly Related to this Program of Study

Other Careers Related to this Program of Study

Program Admission

You can prepare for this program by taking courses in high school that prepare you for college. This typically includes four years of English, three years of math, three years of social studies, and two years of science. Some colleges also require two years of a second language.

Below is a list of high school courses that will help prepare you for this program of study:

Graduate Admissions

Admission to graduate programs is competitive. You need a bachelor's degree, good grades, and good test scores.

Additional requirements at some schools include:

Typical Course Work

Program Courses

This program typically includes courses in the following subjects:

Graduate Program Courses

A graduate program in wildlife sciences and management typically includes courses such as the following:

In addition, graduate programs typically require the following:

Things to Know

Many programs encourage you to volunteer with local parks, nature organizations, and government wildlife protection and management agencies.

With a degree in this field, you can work in a variety of areas. You can manage state and national parks, zoos, or wildlife refuges. You can work in the natural environment, monitoring wildlife habitats and studying endangered species.


East Side Area

Central Washington University

Walla Walla Community College

Washington State University - Pullman

King-Snohomish Area

Green River College

University of Washington - Seattle

Spokane Area

Spokane Community College

Tacoma Area

Tacoma Community College

West Side Area

Centralia College

Grays Harbor College

Yakima Area

Heritage University